Tags: detox diet, Lyn-Genet Recitas, The Plan
Two meals were served at my family’s Easter dinner 1) Traditional, and 2) The Plan friendly. When my sister and her husband lost 10 pounds in the first 10 days on The Plan, other family and friends followed suit. At Easter, there were 6 Plan participants — 3 men and 3 women — so I took the opportunity to conduct an interview.
I’m giving away 3 copies of The Plan to My Ray of Beauty readers. A big thanks to creator Lyn-Genet Recitas for donating the books! The first 3 people to comment on this post win a free book (+ free shipping, USA only).
Q. What are your key takeaways about The Plan?
- Lisa: It’s working! I’m following the thyroid plan due to pregnancy (over/under active). I immediately began losing weight where other diets had failed.
- Steve: First, I’m glad my wife is a very good cook and reads the menu details! We completed 20 days. The biggest takeaway is I could lose weight without exercise.
- Dan: Food effects are much more noticeable, like a coffee buzz. I like to bike ride and started at Day 8. By Day 14, I felt really good and went on a strenuous ride.
- Rhonda: It is very good and puts together lots of previous knowledge in a very logical way. If I’m hungry it is because I am behind on drinking water. It is challenging at first, but it gets easier. After a couple of days with a busy schedule I can get back on The Plan and the weight comes off. I feel that I am making healthy choices without having to devote lots of time to exercise. The hardest piece is testing new foods, though it is nice to see the weight come off…not so nice to see it go back up.
- Michael: I’ve been very pleased! The portions are large. When I went back to eating a “normal” breakfast, I couldn’t finish it, it didn’t sit well. When I reacted to foods (like eggs), I felt horrible and gained weight.
Q. How much weight have you lost?
- Lisa: 10 pounds in 12 days
- Steve: 19 pounds in 20 days, my goal is 12 more pounds
- Dan: 10 pounds in 14 days, I follow the plan religiously…ok, I had a bit of extra chocolate
- Rhonda: 17.6 pounds after 5 weeks
- Michael: 7-8 pounds in 12 days following the men’s portions
- Cha: 6.5 pounds in 14 days
Q. What is your favorite recipe?
- Lisa: Chopped Salad
- Steve: Any of the sautéed vegetables
- Dan: Salad with grilled chicken and goat cheese
- Rhonda: Spicy Vegetable Soup
- Michael: Carrot Soup
- Cha: Salad with greens, carrots, zucchini, onions, goat cheese
Q. What is your least favorite recipe?
- Lisa: Sautéed Kale
- Steve: Spicy Vegetable Soup
- Dan: Spicy Coco Sauce, I also had to get used to the flax seeds
- Rhonda: Carrot Soup
- Michael: Sautéed Kale and Spicy Vegetable Soup
- Cha: Chia seeds (too slimy!)
Q. How do you feel overall?
- Lisa: I have a lot more energy
- Steve: I don’t feel any different
- Dan: I felt sick the first few days (could be the toxins releasing?), but now my energy is up; having my stomach go down feels good; low-grade body aches have gone away
- Rhonda: I feel good that I am eating healthy; in the morning I don’t have to move slowly the first couple of minutes, I am ready to go immediately
- Michael: I’m generally healthier
- Cha: I’ve struggled with sinus problems and notice more senses, my smelling and hearing is better
The Plan is a New York Times Best Seller. It is available for purchase on Amazon for $16.34 or Kindle/$10.99.
Tags: detox diet, Lyn-Genet Recitas, The Plan
Happy New Year!!! I’m really looking forward to a 2013 full of love, success, forgiveness and fun. Oh, and a few less pounds. What about you? I truly hope all your dreams come true this year.
Indulgence was my mantra during the holidays and now I can stand to lose 5 pounds. My go-to resource has been the Detox Diet, inspired by The Plan developed by nutritionist Lyn-Genet Recitas. I’ve completed the 3-day “cleanse” a few times over the past year (love the anti-inflammatory carrot soup). The principle is that certain foods can be toxic and trigger bloating, weight gain and premature aging.
Earlier today I was talking with my co-workers about collectively starting the Detox Diet to kick-off 2013. While researching new recipes I discovered Lyn-Genet Recitas just launched a book called “The Plan: Eliminate the Surprising Healthy” Foods That Are Making You Fat–and Lose Weight Fast.” It is a 20-day program designed for the individual body and based on the same principle of food-related inflammation. Purchase it on Amazon ($14.97 Hardcover/$11.04 Kindle). Reviews are excellent. I’m really excited to read the book and try it out.
I am a huge fan of Lyn-Genet, along with many of you who have posted your success stories (thank you for sharing). Way to go Lyn-Genet! Best wishes on the book.
Photo from Amazon.com
Tags: detox diet, diet cookbook, Lyn-Genet Recitas, The Plan
Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and 2012 brings you much love, laughter and fabulous beauty products!
At Christmas, I took a mini vacation and enjoyed the sun and surf in San Diego. Surfing is one of the best workouts I’ve ever done. I surfed for the first time the year I turned age 40 and hope to get much better at it in 2012. Fitness, along with diet, is such a crucial part of aging beautifully. What better time for a cleansing diet than the New Year!?
Thousands of you read the two detox diet blogs I posted last summer. Thank You! They are my most popular posts to-date. Also, many of you submitted such valuable comments and advice, including creator Lyn-Genet Recitas. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share!!!
The Detox Diet is part of a broader eating program called “The Plan” by Lyn-Genet. She recently alerted My Ray of Beauty readers to new recipes, a cookbook and a special offer. I want to make sure you know all about it, so here’s more:
- The Plan website has a Recipe for Flax Granolathat is “SO easy to make and is very filling (and inexpensive),” says Lyn-Genet. “It is great for digestive health, rich in omega 3 and protein.”
- Try a dish from the Fall Menu on Lyn-Genet’s blog. Keep an eye out as Winter menus will be up soon. Popular recipes are the lamb shepherds pie, vegan broth and Kafayat’s Indonesian soup.
- To request a 2012 Cookbook with tons of delicious recipes that are all Plan-friendly, email Maggie (Lyn-Genet’s assistant) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to try “The Plan” as part of your New Year’s resolution, you can join the associate program at a special rate of $250 through January 15 (originally $300). For more, email email@example.com
- View my experience and those of other readers on the Detox Diet #1, including feedback from Lyn-Genet
- View my experience the second time around on the Detox Diet #2
I hope this is helpful! Thanks again for reading, writing and cheers to 2012