10Lbs Lost in 10 Days: The Plan Results & Free Book GiveawayMay 13, 2013 at 11:33 pm | Posted in Body Care, Fitness | 6 Comments
Tags: detox diet, Lyn-Genet Recitas, The Plan
Two meals were served at my family’s Easter dinner 1) Traditional, and 2) The Plan friendly. When my sister and her husband lost 10 pounds in the first 10 days on The Plan, other family and friends followed suit. At Easter, there were 6 Plan participants — 3 men and 3 women — so I took the opportunity to conduct an interview.
I’m giving away 3 copies of The Plan to My Ray of Beauty readers. A big thanks to creator Lyn-Genet Recitas for donating the books! The first 3 people to comment on this post win a free book (+ free shipping, USA only).
Q. What are your key takeaways about The Plan?
- Lisa: It’s working! I’m following the thyroid plan due to pregnancy (over/under active). I immediately began losing weight where other diets had failed.
- Steve: First, I’m glad my wife is a very good cook and reads the menu details! We completed 20 days. The biggest takeaway is I could lose weight without exercise.
- Dan: Food effects are much more noticeable, like a coffee buzz. I like to bike ride and started at Day 8. By Day 14, I felt really good and went on a strenuous ride.
- Rhonda: It is very good and puts together lots of previous knowledge in a very logical way. If I’m hungry it is because I am behind on drinking water. It is challenging at first, but it gets easier. After a couple of days with a busy schedule I can get back on The Plan and the weight comes off. I feel that I am making healthy choices without having to devote lots of time to exercise. The hardest piece is testing new foods, though it is nice to see the weight come off…not so nice to see it go back up.
- Michael: I’ve been very pleased! The portions are large. When I went back to eating a “normal” breakfast, I couldn’t finish it, it didn’t sit well. When I reacted to foods (like eggs), I felt horrible and gained weight.
Q. How much weight have you lost?
- Lisa: 10 pounds in 12 days
- Steve: 19 pounds in 20 days, my goal is 12 more pounds
- Dan: 10 pounds in 14 days, I follow the plan religiously…ok, I had a bit of extra chocolate
- Rhonda: 17.6 pounds after 5 weeks
- Michael: 7-8 pounds in 12 days following the men’s portions
- Cha: 6.5 pounds in 14 days
Q. What is your favorite recipe?
- Lisa: Chopped Salad
- Steve: Any of the sautéed vegetables
- Dan: Salad with grilled chicken and goat cheese
- Rhonda: Spicy Vegetable Soup
- Michael: Carrot Soup
- Cha: Salad with greens, carrots, zucchini, onions, goat cheese
Q. What is your least favorite recipe?
- Lisa: Sautéed Kale
- Steve: Spicy Vegetable Soup
- Dan: Spicy Coco Sauce, I also had to get used to the flax seeds
- Rhonda: Carrot Soup
- Michael: Sautéed Kale and Spicy Vegetable Soup
- Cha: Chia seeds (too slimy!)
Q. How do you feel overall?
- Lisa: I have a lot more energy
- Steve: I don’t feel any different
- Dan: I felt sick the first few days (could be the toxins releasing?), but now my energy is up; having my stomach go down feels good; low-grade body aches have gone away
- Rhonda: I feel good that I am eating healthy; in the morning I don’t have to move slowly the first couple of minutes, I am ready to go immediately
- Michael: I’m generally healthier
- Cha: I’ve struggled with sinus problems and notice more senses, my smelling and hearing is better
The Plan is a New York Times Best Seller. It is available for purchase on Amazon for $16.34 or Kindle/$10.99.