Nordstrom Beauty Fall Trend Show is Red Carpet GlamourOctober 17, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Posted in Makeup, Skincare | 1 Comment
Tags: Butter London, Nars, Nonie Creme, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Beauty, Nordstrom Fall trend show, ombre nails, Ross Burton, Vince Camuto
On Saturday I attended the Nordstrom Beauty Fall Trend Show “Red Carpet Glamour.” It was such fun and I learned alot! Shows are held at Nordstrom stores around the country each Fall and Spring, just sign-up in the beauty department. You’ll enjoy free product samples, services, makeovers and girl time! I had the honor of getting a new makeup look by the head Nars artist. Stay tuned for this post.
The day started at 8am with a runway show featuring makeup and skincare versus fashion. Representatives from various beauty lines demonstrated products and shared tips. Here are my key takeaways:
- Metallic eyes, red lips and party lashes are the top 3 makeup trends
- Don’t put facial moisturizer around eyes, it can cause puffiness
- Exfoliation is not an option. Guys, this goes for you too and don’t forget the scalp if you’re bald; it will also help with ingrown hairs!
- Skincare treatment for face also goes on neck
Next, I attended a master class with celebrity makeup artist Ross Burton. Burton is Oprah’s personal makeup artist (who looks amazing and youthful) and a regular beauty contributor on television and at celebrity events. He shared a few of his own “favorite things” and generously spent time giving custom makeup advice to me and my friends. He’s also very charming and handsome, huh!?
- Do all women need a primer? Dry skin: skip it, Oily skin: yes.
- For a glow from within, apply illuminator (Burton likes Nars) under foundation or mix the two together (1/3 illuminator)
- Apply concealer (or heavier highlighter) in the inner corner of eye down and around the cheek (not directly under eye, which I’ve been doing wrong!)
- When applying foundation, hold the brush at the end away from the bristles and use short strokes versus blending back and forth (I’ve also been doing this wrong!)
- After applying foundation blot with a Kleenex-type tissue — separated into a one-ply
- Women use too much blush, just push it into the apples of cheeks
- For an easy, natural smoky eye: apply a dark cream shadow on the lower lid and use a brush or finger to smudge upward. Burton demonstrated this look and it is both sexy and pretty!
Nonie Creme, the founding creative director of Butter London, made an in-person appearance. She was so warm and gracious with her time. I’ve used Butter nail polish before and found it peeled quickly, but Creme assured me that using the line’s base and top coat — designed to work together — would extend my manicure by 3-5 days over other polishes. She also demonstrated a simple ombre nail on my friend Ginger. Wouldn’t the gold be festive for holiday parties?
Vince Camuto made a guest appearance to promote his new namesake fragrance. He also made appearances in clothes and shoes (where I purchased my first pair of platform pumps!). I thought it was interesting that his line is based on a “women’s movement.” Love it! He is the ultimate gentleman.