Review: Crest Whitestrips 2 Hour ExpressAugust 8, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Posted in Teeth Whitener | 4 Comments
Tags: Crest Whitestrips, Crest Whitestrips 2 Hour, teeth whitener
Edit on 8/10/11: I used a second set of the 2 Hour Whitestrips and my teeth are whiter than ever (better than any other over-the-counter whitening product, including the traditional Whitestrips). I’m very happy with the results and can’t stop smiling!
Between friends and co-workers, there are a lot of weddings this summer! One bride-to-be asked me for a teeth whitening recommendation that wouldn’t cause sensitivity. I named Crest Whitestrips a Top 10 Must-Have, but they can cause temporary tooth/gum pain. I suggested the new Crest Whitestrips 2 Hour Express, since I find sensitivity revs-up after a couple of days in the traditional 7 day version. Well, I’m not one to send friends off on their own for a beauty experiment, so I tried it myself.
Crest Whitestrips 2 Hour Express includes four sets of whitening strips. Directions say to use one set every three months, so a box could give a full year of whitening. I shared a set with my teenage niece (who wanted whiter teeth for back-to-school) and we settled in to watch “Knight and Day” starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz on HBO (glad I didn’t pay full price to see this movie!).
- No sensitivity during the whitening process. The next morning, we both felt some tooth pain, but not too distracting and less than the traditional Whitestrips. My sensitivity is primarily on the lower teeth. BTW, sensitivity goes away in a few days.
- The adhesive is much stronger than earlier Whitestrips. The strips stayed in place perfectly. Previously, the strips moved around and came off.
- I wish the strips were longer. I have a wide smile and they only cover the center teeth.
- Watch for sales and coupons. The retail price at Rite Aid is $54.99. It was on sale for $49.99 and I found a $10 Crest coupon in the Sunday paper. With Rite Aid rewards I received a $5 store gift certificate. The final price was just $34.99, a $20 savings!
- Crest offers a money back guarantee. Send it back if you aren’t satisfied. I like this!
Results? Teeth appear a shade whiter. Not a dramatic difference, but brighter. According to the Crest website, I can use a second set without harm, which I will try on my lower teeth which are still lightly stained. Compared to the traditional Whitestrips? I would score the whitening results of the 2 Hour Express at 6.0/10 and the traditional Whitestrips at 8.0/10.