Nordstrom Beauty Spring 2011 TrendsMarch 6, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Posted in Makeup | 2 Comments
Tags: Antica Farmacista, Deborah Lippman, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Beauty Trend Show, Philosophy, spring 2011 makeup, Trish McEvoy
Yesterday, I had such fun attending the Nordstrom Beauty Spring 2011 Trend Show at the downtown Seattle store. A group of girlfriends joined me for a morning of beauty featuring a cosmetics runway show and makeovers from pro artists.
Dozens of fellow beauty-obsessed packed the space — filled with live music — and were treated to a swag bag stocked with samples, tips from the nation’s top makeup artists, new product introductions, and a personal appearance by celebrity manicurist Deborah Lippman (she most recently polished Anne Hathaway for the Oscar’s and Lady Gaga for the Grammy’s). Lippman featured “Waking up in Vegas,” a gorgeous light gray color, which a few girlfriends immediately snatched up!
The Top Spring 2011 Trend is BRIGHT! complexions, lips, nails, eyes and scents (personal and home)
- Philosophy stressed the need to use sunscreen and a retinol product daily, plus a facial peel 1x per week (we all pledged to abide!)
- Pick a bright eye OR lip, not both
- For eyes, use bright color close to the lashline. They also look flattering over shimmery, iridescent shades.
- Bright lips are variations of tangerine, watermelon and hot pink: matte and shiny
- For scent, fruity florals mixed with classic elements are in. And don’t forget about home fragrance. Antica Farmacista included fragrance reeds in the swag bag that smell wonderful.
After the show, I sat down with Trish McEvoy national makeup artist Josh P., who brightened my complexion and gave me a variation of the bright eye by popping my lid with kiwi green. A bit scary in the pan, the kiwi topped over a bronze shade created a very pretty look. In fact, I wished I had somewhere more exciting to go with my new look than hanging out with my mom for the afternoon 🙂
- Eye Base in Bare
- 24HR Eyeshadow Pen in Topaz (on lid)
- Eyeshadow in Kiwi (center of lid)
- Eyeliner in Gray
- Even Skin Primer
- Even Skin Foundation #4
- Correct & Brighten Pen #2
- Dual Matte Bronzer in “C”
- Blush in Natural (apples of cheeks)
- Mineral Powder in Beige (dust all over face)
- Lip Color in Barely There
- Gloss in Seduction
There are more beauty trend shows scheduled at Nordstrom stores across the country. Check the Nordstrom website for the store/event nearest you.
Deborah Lippman nail polish photo from Nordstrom website