Red Carpet Ready in Real LifeFebruary 28, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Posted in Body Care, Fitness, Hair, Makeup, Skincare | Leave a comment
Tags: Academy Awards red carpet, celebrity stylists, event makeup, Oscars red carpet, red carpet beauty
Did you watch last night’s Academy Awards (“the Oscars”)? I’m fascinated by the process of getting ready for such a paparazzi event (much more than the event itself). At one time or another, each of us will have our own “red carpet moment.” A reunion, charity dinner, first date or 25th anniversary…these are times we want to look glamorous and feel confident.
Over time, I’ve collected tips from top stylists who help celebrities look radiant in the spotlight. Ideas we can use for ourselves…
Start a month out…
- Exercise Daily. It improves circulation and the sweat releases toxins. Plus it can help us fit into that outfit!
- Get Beauty Sleep. Listen to your body when it wants to rest, this is the time our skin cells renew and bodies restore.
- Exfoliate the Body 2-3 times per week to slough off the top layer of dead skin cells (especially important if your outfit shows serious skin)
- Apply a Hydrating Facial Mask 1-2 times per week to smooth the skin
- Drink Water for all-over hydration
A few days away…
- Visit the Salon for a trim and hair glossing treatment for lots of glistening shine
- Self-Tan. Apply a few light layers of self-tanner, 1x each day for the next 3 days to create a sexy bronze glow
- Shape Eyebrows Professionally. It’s impossible to sculpt perfectly symmetrical brows on your own.
The day of…
- Get a Professional Hair Blowout. Again, very hard to do well on your own.
- Get a Professional Manicure & Pedicure. See reason above.
- Apply a Hydrating Facial Mask (the same one you’ve been using; don’t switch it up in case you have a bad reaction)
- Take Extra Time on Makeup Application. Start with a primer to help makeup last well into the evening. Even skintone with concealer, foundation and illuminating highlighter. Top with bronzer. Use stronger colors on eyes, cheeks and lips.
- No matter how much you exercise, Wear Spanx. It sucks in bulges and minimizes underwear seams. Love Spanx!
At the event…
- Smile! And feel good about your beautiful features that are uniquely yours 🙂