Lancome Holiday Kit Deserves a Spot on Your Wish ListNovember 12, 2010 at 7:00 am | Posted in Makeup | Leave a comment
Tags: holiday makeup kits, Lancome, Lancome Party Pinks
Holiday palettes are usually not my favorite because they are a) too bulky to be portable, or b) lower quality formulations than the main line products. This holiday, however, I really like the Lancome Limited Edition Beauty Box. Products are exact formulations and full size. I received a Macy’s gift card for my birthday that I’ve been saving for just the right thing. I immediately handed it over when I spotted the Lancome Beauty Box!
For $49.50 (with purchase) you get 11 full size products and a train case to hold the haul. It’s a $333 value! The Lancome Beauty Box comes in Party Pinks and Glamorous (golds and browns). Of course I went for the pinks 🙂 If you don’t already have pink in your beauty collection, this is all you need!
The Pretty Colors
- (3) Color Design Lipsticks. Love It and The New Pink are gorgeous everyday colors, medium coverage and long lasting. Poodle Skirt is a bit bright, so I prefer it toned down with gloss.
- (2) Juicy Tubes Lipglosses. Moulin Rose is a pretty light pink with some coverage (it has a rose scent which I don’t love). Miracle looks brighter in the tube but gives a sheer shimmer.
- Blush Subtil Duo. Pink L’Amour powder blush and cream highlighter is very similar to my all-time favorite Mally Illuminating Blush. Mally’s is longer lasting, though this gives decent wear.
- Color Design Eyeshadow Quad. Three neutral colors (Optic, Volcano, Drape) build shimmery depth and a bright violet (Drama) pops the corner or lines the eyes. I don’t like Drama on its own – it’s very bright (fits the name), but takes on a subtler color when mixed with the other shades.
Plus These Basics
- Defincils Mascara. Your lashes won’t be mistaken for falsies but expect some length and definition without clumps
- Crayon Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Ebony
- Blush and Eyeshadow Brushes. Not top quality, though the hairs are soft and work fine
- Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover
- Train Case
- Application instruction card with a day and night look